Next: 6. Related Work
Up: 5. Evaluation Plan
Previous: 5.2 Experiments
5.3 Lessons to be Learned
Lessons I expect to learn from this work include:
- How easy or hard it is to use FiST to describe file systems at a high
level -- something that has never been done before.
- The degree of portability of FiST-generated file systems across
- The performance of FiST-generated file systems compared to equivalent
hand-written, optimized file systems.
- The performance of identical file systems when run in-kernel
versus at user level.
- How difficult it is to write a file system from scratch versus
describing it in FiST.